As a medical spa and aesthetics institute, we understand that your visit and procedure with us are just the start of your steps to better skin. The skin care regimen you use and the steps you take to protect your skin out of office play an even larger part in the final result you will see from service with us. Whether you visit us in our Tampa office for a Hydrafacial, Microneedling, Laser Genesis™, PICO Genesis™, Microdermabrasion, Botox, or more, your best results can be seen by incorporating a pharmaceutical-grade skincare regimen like SkinMedica®, which can be purchased from our online store, or ZO® Skin Health which can be purchased in our Tampa office.
- SkinMedica® Total Defense + Repair Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 34
- While sunscreen is always the #1 defense against anti-aging and skin damage, it’s important to note that post-procedure your skin is more delicate than normal. Procedures such as our Cutera laser treatments increase photosensitivity. We often think of sunscreen in terms of direct sun exposure but we are exposed to sunlight driving in our cars, sitting near windows, and even in our homes. This is why it’s so important to make sunscreen a part of your daily skin routine.
This revolutionary broad-spectrum sunscreen is appropriate for all skin types and goes beyond UV protection to defend against harmful rays while supporting the skin’s ability to restore itself.
Total Defense + Repair also offers better protection than a sunscreen with high SPF. Just because a product has a high SPF (i.e., ≥ 50) does not mean it offers complete coverage against the sun’s rays. Total Defense + Repair offers broad-spectrum protection and highly effective antioxidant protection from infrared radiation and free radical damage. There is also a tinted version which is great to incorporate as a base for your makeup in the daytime!
- SkinMedica® HA⁵® Rejuvenating Hydrator
- After procedures like the SkinPen micro-needling treatment, the number one thing your skin needs to help it heal is hydration. Skin needs moisture to replace the water lost immediately after the procedure. During this treatment micro-needles puncture the skin, including the stratum corneum, which is the hydrophobic and outermost layer of the skin, creating micro-channels. Studies suggest that these micro-channels stay open for as many as 20-plus hours. During this time trans-epidermal water loss increases. Therefore, the skin may experience temporary dryness following the SkinPen micro-needling procedure. One of the most important things to note about HA⁵® is that it is a hydrator and not a moisturizer. A moisturizer is a cosmetic cream or lotion made with humectants or occlusives or a combination of both that prevent skin dryness. A hydrator is a cosmetic treatment product that promotes epidermal health by supporting the skin’s natural ability to replenish HA.
- SkinMedica® Facial Cleanser
- It goes without saying that your skin is more sensitive post-treatment. During this time, you also want to avoid any kind of acids or retinoids which includes your cleanser. Equally important to avoiding those products is also making sure your skin stays clean and clear of debris, dirt, bacteria, and any additional harmful skincare ingredients. Post-treatment is one of the most important times to make sure that you are using a high grade, gentle cleanser that will remove that debris without drying out or effecting your skin. SkinMedica® cleansers are detergent free and contain hydrating emollients, botanical extracts, and soothing agents to cleanse the skin without dehydration.
- SkinMedica® Lytera®2.0 Advanced Pigment Correcting System
- Now that you’ve received your treatment, have gone through your “recovery period” and are loving the results make sure that you have a regiment that helps you maintain those results until your next treatment! One of the best ways to do this is to incorporate acid and/or retinoid into your routine. The Lytera® 2.0 Advanced Pigment Correcting System not only contains an AHA/BHA face wash and Retinol Complex 0.5, but it also contains Lytera® 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum. Formulated to address the appearance of stubborn skin discoloration, this serum helps optimize results of multiple treatment approaches, including chemical peels, laser therapy, microdermabrasion, and prescription skincare products, such as hydroquinone. It is designed to improve clarity, evenness, and overall appearance of most skin tones and types and has been shown to reduce the appearance of even the most stubborn hyperpigmentation across diverse skin tones, types, and concerns. Maintaining your results will only make the next procedure that much more effective.